Coconut Oil Shampoo
When it comes to using it on your hair, coconut oil comes with many benefits. People use it to restore the health of damaged and brittle hair, tame frizz, remove dandruff, and protect the hair from any potential damage. The best thing about it is that you can use it on all hair types.
Once you stumble across coconut oil in shampoo, that means that you are looking at a very high-quality product. This oil is packed with fatty acids that promote hair health, which is why you can find it in many conditioners, shampoos, styling gels, and many other hair care products. You can even use pure coconut oil right from a jar – it still serves as an excellent hair treatment.
Today we are taking a look at how coconut oil hair products improve the overall health of the hair.
First of all, let’s take a look at some of the benefits. Our hair is made out of protein, and everything that we do to it – from styling it to putting dye; does plenty of damage to it. This ultimately leads to a dull and fragile look.
Adding some coconut oil to shampoo will restore damaged hair because this oil has been proven to have similar properties to natural hair proteins. This is why it can penetrate the hair and nurture it back to health. By doing that, the coconut oil prevents it from absorbing too much water, thus becoming damaged.
Coconut oil shampoo can also reduce protein loss in the hair. So, whether it is damaged or not, this is a product that you should incorporate into your hair-washing routine.
Second, if you are dealing with a dry scalp and you are experiencing dandruff, this is the best product you could add to your routine. It seems that, due to the antifungal benefits that come with this shampoo, you can restore the balance of your scalp. Scalp flaking will be significantly reduced and it will even promote the growth of beneficial bacteria.
The top layer of your skin will be thankful for what you will provide to it. Coconut oil hair products are even great for any scalp yeast infections too. The anti-inflammatory properties protect the structural integrity of the scalp and maintain the optimal production of collagen too.
How to incorporate coconut oil into your routine
Since it is one of the most versatile oils you can find, coconut oil hair treatment is an affordable treatment and it can do wonders for your hair and scalp. Whether you use it as a pre-treatment, put some coconut oil in shampoo, make a mask, or use it as a conditioner, it will still do wonders for your hair.
We are taking a look at some of the easiest coconut oil hair treatments that you can find and put to good use for the health of your hair.
- Protector before washing your hair – if you decide to apply the coconut oil right before washing your hair, it will act as a protector. This means it will prevent it from soaking up too much water and will aid the brittleness and the dryness of the hair. If you want to apply a coconut oil hair treatment before washing, do it about 15 to 30 minutes before you wash it for maximum results.
- Conditioning – the coconut oil in shampoo is good, but using it in a conditioner is even better! If you are interested in discovering the benefits that come with this oil, try to switch your regular conditioner for it. On the other hand, if you want to avoid making a shift so big, you can just add some of the oil to your conditioner bottle.
- Help with your styling process – if you are one of those people who are constantly dealing with frizz, this is a perfect solution for you. Adding a couple of drops of this enchanting oil to damp hair will go a long way toward taming it.
- Hair mask – finally, the ultimate coconut oil hair treatment is using it as a mask. Take a teaspoon of the oil and gently massage it into your hair. You can either leave it overnight if you have extra damaged hair or wash it away after a few hours.
Hair tips for you
As we mentioned earlier, coconut oil is excellent for all hair types. However, it all comes down to how you use this oil. If you incorporate it in the right way into your hair care routine, you are guaranteed to have incredible results. We are taking a look at some of the best ways to practise healthy hair with the use of coconut oil.
- Blend the oil – lavender and peppermint oil are an excellent addition to all those who want to further enhance their coconut oil experience. You can even make your own blends, adding yoghurt, avocado, and honey.
- Warm up the oil – you can easily use the coconut oil simply by warming it up a bit first. You can take a teaspoon and warm it up with the help of hot water. The only thing you should avoid is microwaving it since the heated oil can do some damage instead of good.
- Nightly use – in order to avoid your hair looking greasy, apply the coconut oil at night and leave it overnight. Wash it in the morning, and your hair will look amazing.
- Light use – whatever you do, remember to use the coconut oil hair products lightly. Avoid applying too much of them to your scalp. After all, too much of anything is never a good thing.
- Shampoo twice – it doesn’t matter if you use coconut oil shampoo or any other shampoo. Shampooing twice will guarantee to cleanse your scalp and your hair and provide you with the lightness you want.
If you are interested in using coconut oil shampoo or reaping the benefits from coconut oil, make sure to create an account with us! We are happy to provide you with everything coconut-related. Discover our products and enjoy the benefits!